Duplicate files consuming a significant chunk of space on your Mac are among the most common issues. Searching for duplicates manually is very annoying and takes quite a bit of time to look for it in various hidden folders across the Mac disk.
Hence we recommend you to get the best Duplicate File Finder available freely online to scan and remove all the duplicates on your Mac efficiently. Check this Nektony Duplicate File Finder review blog to find all about the features and more details.
What is Nektony Duplicate File Finder?
Nektony Duplicate File Finder is among the best in the industry to find duplicate files faster and remove them quickly from your Mac. Its advanced search algorithm scans for duplicates across your Mac even in hidden folders quickly and removes them completely to regain space on disk.
It is free to download from the Mac App Store with little feature limitation but with in-app purchase. While you can easily upgrade to the Pro version for enhanced search capabilities and quick duplicate removal. It is available at the price of $19.99 for your Mac.
Nektony Duplicate File Finder Review
Technical Specifications –
|Compatibility||macOS 10.12 or later|
|Download link||Click Here|
|File Size||29.2 MB|
|Technical support||Via email, official website|
Nektony Duplicate File Finder provides an extensive list of features to help you find duplicates faster and remove them from your Mac quickly with just one click. Below are few of key features provided by Nektony Duplicate File Finder :
- Fast scanning algorithm – With its most efficient scanning algorithm, you can find duplicate files or folders extremely fast and clean it up quickly.
- Accurate byte-to-byte results – With this app, you will be able to scan for duplicates with the byte-to-byte accuracy for much deeper searches.
- Supports all duplicate file types – It can detect all file types of duplicates such as photos, music, videos, documents, archives, folders and more.
- Supports multiple drives – This app can scan and find duplicates from internal drives, external disk, network drives and cloud storages easily.
- Easy three step process – All it takes is simple 3 easy steps :
- Scan any folder, drive or photo/music library.
- Select duplicate files to be removed.
- Remove duplicates and move to Trash.
- Scan multiple folders and drives – You can easily scan multiple folders and drives at same time to find duplicates faster. You can also scan for duplicates present in hidden folders for better results.
- Smart Cleanup hints – The App will show useful tips to select duplicates and remove them efficiently when you are in confusion where to start.
- Supports Photos & Music Library – You can scan and remove duplicates from multiple photos and music libraries, also can find similar images and audio files to keep the best version.
- Displays Visual Chart Report – After scan is completed, it shows the duplicate results in visual chart report. You can select between Bar chart view or Pie Chart view for added visual representation.
- Sort, list and category selections – On the scan result for duplicates, you can view the results by sorting them by name, size, date, type , count etc to remove them easily. You can also select the duplicates from the list of categories like Duplicate files, Duplicate Folders, Similar Media, Similar Folders.
- Quick Preview option – You can quickly preview the duplicate file to analyse, before selecting it to remove from your Mac, it opens up preview and file details in each category of the file types.
- Auto Select to remove – This feature helps you select automatically all duplicates in each group and retain only one copy. You can also configure the Auto select feature according to your preferences.
- Delete duplicates in Bulk – You can remove duplicates in bulk by selecting multiple folders and removing all duplicate copies at once. Neet not have to review and select each duplicate file and then remove.
- Create Skip List – You can add particular files, folders and any specific file types to be ignored while scanning to protect them from deleting.
- View Removal History – It autosaves all the scan and remove history of your Mac, you can view the removal history easily on this app for previous delete information.
- Supports restore removed duplicates – If you want to recover the duplicated removed from Mac, you can simply go through the log of removed duplicated, select the session you want to restore and it will do it for you.
How to Use Nektony Duplicate File Finder
Nektony Duplicate File Finder review can not be complete without its usage. Therefore, here we have the easy steps to guide you to use it to find and delete duplicate files from your Mac.
Step 1 : Download & Install –
You can download the Nektony Duplicate File Finder Application for free from the Mac App Store directly into your Mac.
Step 2 : Launch & Scan –
- You can launch the Nektony Duplicate File Finder application either from the launchpad or from the applications folder.
- The main window of the app will be opened showing options to add folders or drives to be scanned for duplicates.
- You can add the folders or drives to be scanned into the main window of the app either by drag-n-drop or you can manually select them from the add button on left.
- After you are done with adding the folders or drives into the main window, you can start the scan process by Clicking on ‘Scan’ Button on the right.
- While the scanning process is going on, the app will display a visual bar chart report in real time to show duplicate files and folders being found when the scanning is in progress.
- Onces the scanning is completed, the app will display an overview of the result in a visual chart form. You can select either Bar Chart or Pie Chart to view the report graphically.
- You can also select to view the scan result in any category from top tabs like Duplicate Files, Duplicate Folders, Similar Photos, Similar Folders for much detailed scan result view.
Step 3 : Preview & Select –
- From each category section from above, you can individually preview duplicate files and folders in detail to find out location, file type, number of duplicates or similar files.
- From the list of exact duplicate and similar files, select the duplicates you want to remove from your Mac.
Step 4 : Remove Duplicate files –
- When you are done with previewing the duplicate files and selecting all the duplicates or similar files to be removed. Click on the ‘Review & Remove’ button.
- Here you will be directed to the confirmation window, where you can review the duplicate files list you wanna remove from your Mac. Once you are done with review again, Click on the ‘Remove’ Button at the bottom right corner to delete them all.
- Now this will remove all the selected duplicate files or folders from the folders or drives you have selected from your Mac.
Nektony Duplicate File Finder Pros & Cons –
|Very fast and efficient Duplicate finder||Free version has limitations.|
|Supports all duplicate file types||Premium support only for the Pro version.|
|Can scan multiple different folders and disks at same time.|
|Scan results are displayed as visual bar chart|
|Supports hidden folders to scan for duplicates|
|Supports internal drives, external hard drives, network drives and also mounted cloud storages|
|Provides useful cleanup hints to speed up|
|Quickly preview duplicates before deleting|
|Technical support via email, official website|
Final words –
It is essential to know that the duplicate file remover for Mac is capable of giving you accurate results. Nektony Duplicate File Finder review covers all the necessary information on this duplicate file remover for Mac. It is an overall good application at an affordable rate which is suitable for Mac users.
Plus, it offers to give you the free trial for those who are unsure of making the purchase without testing the product. Get it now and find if it’s the one for your Mac.